Burrow & Associates | Car Accident Lawyers
A serious car accident can be a traumatic and life altering event. After a car accident, there may be some obstacles preventing you from resuming your everyday life activities. If you are a victim of a car accident, you could be facing mounting medical bills, damage to your car, or mental anguish from your car accident. Allow the experienced Georgia car accident attorneys at Burrow & Associates to help you overcome financial hardship and get on a path towards physical, emotional, and financial recovery as a result of your car accident.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Call our car accident attorneys today so that we can get started on your case right away and get you a Georgia car accident settlement.
What Should I Do at the Scene of a Car Accident?
1. Call 911 and Stay Put After a car accident, your first course of action should always be to call the police and then stay at the scene. Always make sure to request an ambulance or other rescue worker if needed. Regardless of the nature of the accident or who was at fault, you should remain at the scene of the car accident until a police report has been recorded. If you must leave the scene, you should contact the police and leave your name, address, and an explanation of the car accident. If you leave before this information is recorded, you can be charged with a “hit and run.”
2. Obtain as much information as possible from the other parties involved in the car accident. The information that you gather should include:
- The other driver and passengers’ names, addresses, dates of birth, and phone numbers
- The other driver’s insurance company
- The other driver’s car information, such as make, year, model, and license plate number
- Witness contact information
- Photographs of the scene of the accident including skid marks, car damage and overall climate of the scene
- Be careful not to give recorded statements
Common Automobile Accidents
The most common type of car accident is a rear end scenario. There are nearly 2 million rear end car accidents a year in the United States, with distraction more often than not being the primary cause.
Many rear end collision victims suffer from soft tissue injuries, requiring medical attention. Even soft tissue injuries that may not seem significant initially, can cause other medical problems in the near future.
In most rear end cases, the driver who strikes another car from behind is at fault. These personal injury cases are usually relatively straightforward as there is a clear liability, however, you will want to work with a lawyer to ensure you are receiving adequate compensation for your injuries, which have the possibility of worsening over time.
Even if you feel physically fine after a car accident, make sure to consult a medical professional immediately as some injuries, such as whiplash, do not appear until days after the incident.
What Should I Look For in a Georgia Car Accident Lawyer?
When hiring a car accident attorney, there are a number of factors to consider in choosing who to best represent you. You should look for a car accident lawyer who:
- Can skillfully determining the value of a case. An experienced attorney will be able to accurately assess the amount of money an injured victim is legally entitled to receive.
- Can negotiate aggressively on your behalf to ensure that you are justly compensated for your injury or loss as a result of your car accident.
- Can assist you with other issues related to your car accident such as finding you a skilled medical expert to help you determine the necessary steps to recovery.
At Burrow & Associates, all of our car accident lawyers meet and exceed these standards with proven efficacy through thousands of won cases and settlements. Our car accident attorneys work around the clock to make sure you are treated justly and sufficiently compensated for your loss or injury. We take all relevant factors into consideration. For example, if the accident involves a drunk or negligent driver, our car accident lawyers will make sure to assess all additional damages to be recovered in the personal injury case.
If you are a victim of a hit and run, you can count on the car accident lawyers at Burrow & Associates us to diligently fight your case. Many firms will refuse to take on hit and run scenarios, but we at Burrow & Associates believe that all automobile accident victims deserve representation. If you believe you may be entitled to compensation after a hit and run accident or a similar personal injury related case, give us a call and we will get started on your case immediately.
How Will I Be Able to Afford Legal Assistance?
Burrow & Associates offers legal assistance on a contingency fee agreement outlined in the primary consultation. Many people believe that Georgia car accident attorney fees comprise a large percentage of recovered assets, but this is not true. At Burrow & Associates, our car accident attorneys offer competitive rates and are sensitive to your financial situation. We will never surprise you with any hidden fees.
Even if you do not have medical insurance or the means to pay for medical care out of pocket, don’t worry. At Burrow & Associates, we have ongoing working relationships with doctors, dentists, chiropractors, physical therapists, and other specialists who can provide the treatment you need on a medical lien basis.
View our Personal Injury page for more information on how we can help you.
To schedule a free consultation with a Georgia car accident lawyer from Burrow & Associates, contact us today at (678)-323-2394. We can meet with you at your home, hospital room, or any other convenient location. We have 5 offices located in Athens, Duluth, Conyers, Morrow, and Kennesaw.