Being involved in any motorized vehicle-related accident can be scary, but being in a boating accident can be a life-altering event. If you have been in a boating accident that has caused an injury, you may be entitled to certain compensations. This can relate to lost wages, needed medical treatments, and more.
Going through a boating incident is already problematic enough, so let the boat accident attorneys at Burrow and Associates worry about your boat accident personal injury claim.
What Should I do in a Georgia Boat Accident?
If you find yourself in a boating accident in Georgia, treat it like you would any other major accident and follow the steps outlined below.
- Immediately call 911. If possible, try to keep all parties involved at the scene so police can get the full story when they arrive. It is important to have a detailed police report written on the boating accident.
- Document everything. Document as much as possible related to the boating accident. What happened? What damages occurred? Are their injured parties? Are their witnesses? Any information that you can gather will be helpful in the future.
- Collect Information. It is important in scenarios like this to gather the information of everyone involved. This includes the other driver or drivers involved, passengers of both boats, and any witnesses that may have seen or been involved in the boating accident. Information should include name, addresses, phone numbers, insurance company information, boat information, and any other relevant contact information.
- Gather images if possible. Being in a boating accident is very scary, and you may have to take quick action to get onto a functioning boat or dry land. If it is possible, however, try to take any photographs of the scene including damages, injuries, parties involved, or the overall scene in general.
- Get needed medical help. If you or another party needs medical attention as a result of the boating accident, get the help immediately.
- Call us. Once all of the urgent priorities have been settled, give us a call. Our team of boating accident attorneys will immediately help and advise you on how to move forward with your boating accident claims. We are ready and able to help.
Common Boating Accidents
There are several different ways a boating accident can occur. The boat operator may not be paying attention or may be inexperienced in driving the boat. There may be a failure with the boat and its machinery resulting in several dangerous possibilities. Excessive speed is another common cause of boating accidents. The number one contributing factor to fatal boating accidents, however, is the consumption of alcohol.
It is also important to note that Georgia boating accidents and personal injury claims do not just apply to typical boats, however. This also includes injury on a canoe, jet ski, kayak, and many other types of watercraft.
Overall, it is vital to be aware of what factors typically contribute to Georgia’s boating accidents so that they can be avoided. On the other hand, if you still find yourself in a watercraft-related accident, it is also important to know how to handle it. Burrow & Associates can help you every step of the way.
Common Boating Accident Injuries
There are many different ways that a person can be injured in a boating accident. Some of the most common boating accident injuries include:
- Injuries Caused by Lack of Safety Equipment
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Injuries Caused By Overloading a Boat
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Cuts or Lacerations
- Brain Injury
- Head-to-Head Collision
- Collision with Other Fixed Object in Water
- And More!
Georgia Boat Accident Statistics
Georgia is home to some of the finest lakes and rivers in the entire Southeast. Perfect Georgia weather coupled with these incredible bodies of water makes water sports and activities commonplace for many Georgia residents. Unfortunately, that also means that accidents are not few and far between. Some of Georgia’s finest rivers and lakes can be rather dangerous and overcrowded, resulting in many accidents, injuries, and deaths. After all, there are over 325,000 registered boats in Georgia, and lots of boats mean a high risk of injury.
Lake Lanier, Georgia’s most popular lake, has reported 145 drownings and 57 boat fatalities in the last 20 years or so. With so many different bodies of water and so many different boaters, it is important to be aware of what to do in the event you are ever in a Georgia boat accident.
Burrow and Associates: The Best Georgia Boat Accident Lawyer
Several factors make Burrow and Associated the best Georgia boat accident lawyers available. We have won thousands of cases and settlements because of our proven methods and dedicated team.
We shepherd our clients through difficult times and complex legal processes. If you have been injured in a boating accident, give us a call. You can trust our team of Georgia boat accident lawyers to get the job done.
Can I Afford a Boat Accident Attorney in Georgia?
You don’t have to worry about being able to afford a boat accident attorney in Georgia thanks to Burrow and Associates. Our team offers legal assistance based on a contingency fee agreement outlined in our first consultation. Our boat accident attorneys offer competitive rates and are sensitive to everyone’s financial wellbeing.
Check out our personal injury page for more information about how our team can help you.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a Georgia boating accident, call our team of Georgia boat accident attorneys today at (678)-323-2394. We look forward to helping you!