Bankruptcy Attorneys of Georgia
Filing for bankruptcy in Atlanta, GA or anywhere can be a tough pill to swallow, but Burrow & Associates is here to walk you through every step of the process. We understand that bankruptcy is not always a result of poor money management; financial hardship can result all too easily from unforeseen circumstances such as a serious injury or illness, divorce, or job loss. Declaring bankruptcy is nothing to be ashamed about. It is a legal and responsible tool that can help you restart your financial future. For twenty years, Burrow and Associates has worked diligently as a well-known bankruptcy law firm in Atlanta, GA, with offices in Athens, Duluth, Morrow, Kennesaw, Conyers, and Gainesville to help Georgia residents file for bankruptcy in a stress and judgment-free manner.
Types of debt that our bankruptcy law team can help you eliminate through filing for bankruptcy:
- Credit cards
- Unsecured bank loans
- Medical cards
- Medical bills
- Car repossessions
- Broken leases
- Civil penalties
- Deficiency of mortgage (if you plan to surrender the home)
- Rental furniture (if you plan to surrender the furniture)
- And much more!
Filing for Bankruptcy
Burrow & Associates will help simplify the otherwise complex process of filing for bankruptcy by walking you through your options. Knowing which chapter to file under is paramount when filing for bankruptcy. The chapter under which you file is determined by a number of factors, primarily the nature of your debts. The two most common chapters of bankruptcy that we service are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13:
Chapter 7 – This chapter is for indebted consumers who have little to no disposable income. To qualify for Chapter 7, individuals must first pass a federally mandated means test. Chapter 7 can provide relief from unpaid medical bills, credit card balances, unsecured bank loans, creditor harassment, wage garnishment, and more.
Chapter 13 – This chapter involves the repayment of debts in a structured, court-supervised manner, typically over the span of three to five years. A repayment plan is established detailing how much you will repay per month during this period. Chapter 13 will also allow you to rebuild your credit, halt property repossessions, eliminate some types of unsecured debts, and more.
Filing either a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help protect you from foreclosures, repossessions, wage garnishments, and debt collection lawsuits. If you are unsure of where you stand in regards to the above chapter descriptions, we will work with you to determine your best course of action.
For more information on how to file, visit our page on Filing for Bankruptcy.
When filing for bankruptcy protection, you are required by law to list all your property and assets. One misconception for many people who consider filing bankruptcy is that they will lose all property that they list. Bankruptcy exemptions are designed to protect your property so that you can keep it. There are, however, limitations on how much equity you can have in your property and still keep it. It’s important to understand how to apply the exemptions and the dollar amount for each category that is available to you
For more information on this, visit our page on Understanding Bankruptcy Exemptions.
Free Consultation with an Experienced Atlanta Bankruptcy Lawyer
Our experienced bankruptcy team has helped thousands of clients to avoid foreclosures, repossessions, and reduce their debts. Our lawyers will meet with you face-to-face to discuss your specific set of circumstances and determine how we will help you get the fresh financial start that you deserve. Instead of implementing a standard process to handle your case, we will take the time to understand your situation and devise an individualized game plan tailored to your legal needs. Your first consultation is always FREE.
At Burrow & Associates we understand the crippling effects of debt and how it can adversely affect your day-to-day life. We are sensitive to your financial hardship and, for that reason, we offer friendly payment arrangements for lawyer fees, such as monthly payment plans and other options. We offer our legal services for reasonable fees with absolutely no surprises.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Accept all regional filings. Burrow & Associates will never turn you down due to where in the state you need to file for bankruptcy. Unlike most other bankruptcy firms, Burrow & Associates helps clients file for bankruptcy in each of the Georgia districts: northern, middle, and southern. We have offices in Duluth, Conyers, Morrow, and Athens with attorneys ready to help you on your path to financial freedom.
- Personalized attention and service. All new clients meet with actual experienced attorneys and have the opportunity to speak to the President of Burrow & Associates, Darrell Burrow. Our lawyers will address your specific legal needs and walk you individually through the process of filing for bankruptcy.
- High ethical and moral standards. Burrow & Associates prides itself on being an upstanding firm, operating with complete transparency in interactions with clients to make sure all decisions are made in their best interest. We respect the fact that our clients entrust us with their sensitive financial information and take all necessary measures to ensure confidentiality. We have no hidden agendas or fees. We are here to serve you in straightforward, no-nonsense manner.
- Faith-based firm. Our firm’s mission to help clients re-emerge from crippling debt is deeply rooted in a foundation of hope. We believe that no financial crisis is insurmountable, and we are confident in the expertise of our lawyers to help you reshape your financial future.
Our team of expert Atlanta bankruptcy lawyers are dedicated to helping you, whatever your legal needs may be. We are ready whenever you are to help you safely and responsibly get out of debt. Give us a call at (678) 323-2394 or request a consultation today. When you call Burrow & Associates, you can be sure that whoever you are speaking to will be courteous, professional, and knowledgeable. Don’t wait another day to start your path to financial freedom.